The body of kids is the extremely thin-skinned and weak. And, it can easily get harmed if not taken care of. The health of your child includes social, physical and mental well-being. If you want your kids to live a healthy life then, you should make them have a healthy diet. Make sure that your child sleeps for not less than eight hours. It is quite tricky to manage the health of your children but you can turn it to get really easy with the regular visits to the doctor for complete health check-up as this activity will help your child to grow faster and healthier.
Major Health Issues among Children
The major health problems in the newly born babies and infants are like birth asphyxia, preterm birth and various sorts of deadly infections. The count of such harmful health conditions can be decreased by following the below mentioned points:
- Quality care at the time of pregnancy
- Safe delivery by the skilled birth attendant
- Quality neonatal care that includes activities such as hygienic cord and skin care, early breast feeding, attention to breathing.
- Diarrhea, pneumonia, malaria, malnutrition, HIV infection from mother to infant etc. are some other related health problems among children.
The dangerous health conditions that you have to care about: :
Children can become seriously ill as any sort of infection may prove out to be really dangerous for them, so don't risk your child's health because illness at this age needs instant attention. Therefore, if you notice any of the below mentioned symptoms in your child then, take him/her to the doctor immediately. The health conditions in which you should take special care of your child are mentioned below:
- If your kid has fever over 02.2 °F (39°C) for more than 30 minutes.
- If the child is extremely cold or extremely hot.
- If the breathing of your child is very noisy and rapid.
- If your child's vomiting is green and he cries nonstop as if in pain.
- If your child speaks in a comparatively lower volume for more than one day.
- If you notice blood in his urine.
- If the child refuses two consecutive feedings or does not feel hungry for six hours.
- If your child seems restless for most of the times or seems strangely quiet or drowsy.
Child maltreatment defines the physical cruelty and negligence showed towards the kids below the age of 18 years. Emotional ill-treatment, Sexual harassment or any kind of exploitation are also included under the category of child abuse. While these types of ill treatments against the kids put a bad effect on their mental and physical state, this category also plays an important role in the health of your child. The Parents should be alert enough to do away with such damaging practices and mistreatment against kids around them.
Initial child development
The development phase of your child that begins from the prenatal period and ends up at the age of 8 years is really crucial. The biological and mental development during this period lays a major effect on the child. Adequate nutrition, proper medication, healthy environment are really important for your child. Moreover, the vaccinations to fight various diseases are really essential to be carried out for the healthy development of your kid.
Food allergies in children
The word 'food allergy' defines an abnormal reaction of the body towards a particular food item. These types of allergies in small children are generally witnessed under the age of 4 years. Some of the most common kinds of allergy rendering edibles are mentioned below:
- Citrus Fruits
Understanding Food Allergies and Symptoms
When the body of a child responds strangely to particular food item, this negative reaction basically point outs that the immune system of the child is generating some sorts of antibodies called IGE as a reaction to the consumed allergic food. The symptoms might include vomiting, skin rashes, diarrhea or allergic cold. Sometimes parents skip over the allergic food from the daily diet of their child but that should not be the case as generally kids stop getting these allergic reactions by certain food items by the age of 3.
The right precautions and measures
When it comes to food allergies, the parents have to be extremely cautious about the overall health and diet of their child. In these cases, it is best to consult a medical practitioner. Self-medication or removal of the specific food item completely might not do well in the long run. A few points to be considered in this case are as follows:
- Keep your kid away from a controlled diet without consulting the doctor as this activity could possibly end up in malnutrition.
- Variations in the bowel movement of your child should not be taken as the sign of food allergy.
- Do not make any opinion of food allergy on your own till the time it gets diagnosed by the doctor.
- Seek out instant medical help in the condition of anaphylactic shock i.e. severe breathing problem together with heart malfunctioning.
This category also includes the detailed research of the disorders such as Illness, Jaundice, developmental milestones, vaccination, poor vision and a lot more health issues.